Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Box set with no box?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Keerayduh (Steve L.)

Subject: Box set with no box?
Date Posted: 8/25/2010 8:33 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Okay - I know this came up before and I honestly didn't pay attention because it didn't affect me.  I ordered a multi-disc box set and it came without the box.   I hate for the person to lose those credits - because they came quickly and were packaged well - but I also hate not receiving the box.  Not real sure why - as they spent over $4 to ship me the four CDs - and they could have sent it with the box (small box - not one of those 12x12 size boxes) for less by sending it media.

What's the consensus?

Regards,

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 8/26/2010 1:25 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi Steve, 

I think the thread you are thinking of is this one:

http://www.swapacd.com/forum/topic.php?t=7761&l=25&ls=0#p27587

Basically the SACD party line is, "The sender [is] not required to send anything other than the front and back artwork" (with the caveat that IF the slipcase, or box or other items are listed specifically in the database entry text,  said item(s) are officially part of the "art", too.  If not, then they aren't.  Hope that helps.  

Or do you mean the multi-disc jewel case?  Hm.  That is kind of a murky area....

ICB

Keerayduh (Steve L.)

Date Posted: 8/26/2010 5:43 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Thanks - no I mean the cardboard box.   The listing is a box set - presumption is that it would arrive as a box set (even without the jewel cases).  It is the Fleetwood Mac 25 years box set - 4 credits.  But I'll listen to it, the discs look good - so they should play fine - and accept it.  I just find it maddening that the person would ship it less the box - but then again - you are correct - they might have bought it at a yard sale in four separate jewel cases without the box.   But then again, I'll be rich soon anyway - I got this email from the President of Nigeria......    :)

Regards,   Steve

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 8/26/2010 9:14 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hahahaha.  Make sure to tell him whatever the deal is, I want in, too.  

Enjoy the Fleetwood Mac!

Aurora (Aurora C.)

Date Posted: 10/14/2010 4:23 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

frown

Last Edited on: 10/14/10 4:25 AM ET - Total times edited: 3
devomike (Michael C.)

Date Posted: 10/14/2010 4:27 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I'm late to the discussion here, but did you try e-mailing the sender to answer your questions? I was part of that other thread and here's part two. Recently I received a second try at getting a Led Zep 4-disc set in the 12-by-12 box. Box didn't come in the mail so I asked the sender about it. Turns out he wanted to save money by not mailing the larger package, but I offered to send him $10 for his time, trouble and cost of sending the empty box to me. The next week I received what I wanted: a nice home for the four CDs (with the booklet!). The moral is to have communication.

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 10/14/2010 9:00 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I think it's wrong to post a "Box" set and then not send the box.  If it says "Box" in the title, then the box should be included.  Makes sense.

[Edit:]  Exception:  when the set is listed as having no artwork, aka just the discs.

Last Edited on: 10/14/10 9:01 AM ET - Total times edited: 1